Thursday, September 10, 2009

Medical Situation


Well, I've encountered my first medical restriction in my flight career. I would venture to say that all pilots are more conscious of their health than the majority of people. Especially pilots who want to operate on a commercial certificate or higher.

The reason for this is because you are required to have an aviation medical certificate to fly. There are different kinds of medicals, first class, second class, and third class. With first being the most restrictive and working its way down from there.

There are many things that go into these medical exams, eyesight, hearing, are two that come to mind right away. There are many other things that could prevent you from getting a medical.

One of those is medications and surgeries that you've had. Just this past weekend I had to have surgery on my kidney. Because of this I'm now taking prescription pain pills.

Even though I have a second class medical at the moment the pills I'm taking prevent me from flying.

This is a scary thing for any pilot and you almost always think about the money that you put into your training.

I'm writing this to inform all the readers that there will probably be a short break in my stories. As I'm not flying during the next few weeks, possibly longer, I will be taking a break from most things aviation.

Thanks for following the blog and I promise when I come back I will be writing with a fever and passion that I had when I first started writing. See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing. Rest up, heal well, come back when you can.

    ReplyDelete