Sunday, December 13, 2009

Delay Day

The first of three posts about my trip to pick up a new C172 at their Independence, Kansas factory.

Delay Day(Friday, Dec 11)
4:50 am: All three alarms in my room go off and I drag myself out of bed. Have to be at the airport for a 6:00AM departure in the King Air.
6:00 am: Bad news. The main strut on the King Air is leaking and we have to wait till maintenance comes. Time to head home till I get the call to come back to the airport.
12:30 pm: Heading back to the airport after a nice little nap.
2:45 pm: Wheels off
3:45 pm: Level at FL250, GS 259 kts
4:00 pm: Center "405XX we have a flight of B1's off your 9 o clock block airspace 220 thru 240. I actually watch two B1's in formation pass about 1 mile behind us.
4:35 pm: Practice approach at Sioux City, Iowa. On to Independence.
6:20 pm: Arrival at Independence, Kansas.

Time for dinner (steak), a hot tub, and some sleep. Tomorrow takes looks nice and takes me from IDP to Omaha, Nebraska and then on to Anoka, Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment