Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting Your Certificate

While I've written about my experiences I've been thinking back about when I was going through my training. I initially got my private pilot certificate outside of the University of North Dakota at a local airport near my hometown. Now that I'm a CFI-I I've read a few books and articles about how to attract, keep, and retain students. One of the best books I've read is "The Savvy Flight Instructor", a must read for all CFI's.

I started thinking on the other side about what students need to do to stay motivated. As is always discussed by CFI's is the standards student, the one who is extremely motivated at the beginning and looses motivation as the training goes on, often times quitting before even obtaining their Private Pilot Certificate.

What can a student do to stay motivated and achieve their certificate? In the following posts I will discuss this and provide some helpful ideas.

Part 1 - Know what you want

Part 2 - Plan ahead

Part 3 - Finding the right school

Part 4 - Stay involved

Part 5 - Understand the curve

Part 6 - The light

Part 7 - continue to learn

So check back and stay up to date! Expect the first post in a few days!

Rightseatpilot

No comments:

Post a Comment